- Who/what is Black Excellence?
- What is the purpose for developing the company?
- What is the mission of the company?
- What does the company do?
Our mission is to celebrate, motivate and inspire black people all across the UK to reach beyond barriers and on to their full potential.
At Black Excellence, our values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values define who we are and what we stand for.
We believe that….
We aim to provide users with the resources and tools they need to succeed in the workplace, school and in life….
We are passionate about empowering black people develop businesses and services…
At Black Excellence we pride ourselves on our name. We believe that a good name is invaluable which is why we
We believe in having the passion and drive to make a difference…. We pride ourselves on…
Black Excellence is a networking organisation which aims to…/ provide support for black people in Loughborough.…. Our service is delivered across five key areas:
This aspect of the B. E. Network (Loughborough) will cover interviews (text and videos) of black people in Loughborough who have excelled in their chosen academic pursuits, careers or fields. This could include but not be limited to top students who have set/broken academic records in academia, a lecturer/professional who has won awards for excellent performance at work, a sports person/entertainer who participated in regional/national/global events.
This aspect will cover resources and tools that will enable and empower users in their various endeavours in the workplace, at school and in life in general. Articles on how to excel in academics, career, business, etc will be featured here.
This aspect of the B. E. Network (Loughborough) aims to promote businesses and services run by black people in Loughborough. This could be a small business (e.g. Sami’s) or service which could either be run by black people or the service/product itself is used by this community.
This will provide a platform for members of the community to send in their songs, poems, spoken word (video or text). Other artistic media not covered above will also be accepted.
This will be the volunteering arm of the B.E. network. Asides from the members that make up the core structure of the B.E. network, all other support staff are volunteers who share the vision of the group. Opportunities to volunteer in different roles will be advertised and depending upon the responses received, candidates will be assessed and interviewed. This will be a non-paying role but a fantastic opportunity to play a part in building the B.E. brand which will be excellent for resumes. Every volunteer is responsible to his/her team lead.
As an executive officer, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of both long and short term strategic plans of the network. This role involves, but is not limited to:
- Coordinating the overall function of the B.E. team
- Leading and overseeing the implementation of the networks’ strategic plans.
- Ensuring that the Network maintains a high standard of integrity and social responsibility
- Communicating and leasing with internal and external members, professionals and the public.
- Be well-informed of all undertakings and activities of the network and ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the effective function of the network.
Team lead (Planning)
As a team leader, you will be responsible for the effective implementation of the strategic plan for the network. This is a varied role which involves things such as:
- Organising promotional events
- Monitoring team members’ participation and providing support
Team lead (Editorial)
As an editorial team leader, you will be responsible for the editorial aspects of the B.E. network. This includes for all content going out including website articles and developing interview questions for the B.E Inspire content.
Team lead (Media):
As a Media team leader, you will have the responsibility of setting up and managing all social media content. Social media outlets to be used include:
- YouTube – You will be responsible for hosting all video interviews, B.E. Artistic video submissions on the networks B.E.TV YouTube channel.
- Facebook and Twitter – You will be responsible for providing regular updates on B.E. activities and events across Facebook and twitter.
ALL Team leads above will work with volunteers in their teams. They can either individually source for volunteers or select from volunteers chosen through a group wide recruitment process