a bank for your ideas
Are you ready to build your future?
Apply to Santander Universities Black Inclusion Programme for 3,000 university students & grads to win free access to 8-hours of online trending financial topics incl. green finance, blockchain, private equity, etc. & the opportunity to win a £1,500 Santander Scholarship #EverydayInclusion
Aimed at: Students, Graduates
Description of the scholarship:Santander Universities UK’s mission is to support students from diverse backgrounds into university, work and self-employment. Collaborating with a large network of university partners, we have spent over ten successful years removing barriers to higher education and, in turn, providing life changing opportunities to students from across the UK.
In order to further this commitment and, to support under-represented groups in the workforce, Santander Universities UK has joined forces with Finance Unlocked – a comprehensive, on-demand learning platform built specifically for financial education – to run a new and exciting learning experience for Black and Black Mixed undergraduate students in the UK (including students who have recently graduated in the 2019/2020 academic year).
3,000 Black and Black Mixed undergraduate students and recent graduates from all UK universities (randomly selected) will have the opportunity to complete an 8-hour online course provided by Finance Unlocked. This will cover a range of concepts including green finance, blockchain, private equity, financial crises, and more. Participants will be able to enhance their financial skills through videos and access to real-life case studies. To find out more information about the content that will be available as part of the online programme visit https://financeunlocked.com/
Upon completion of the 8-hours content and online quizzes, students/graduates with an average score (across all online quizzes – Note: quizzes can be taken multiple times, but only the first score will count towards the average score) of 80% or more will have the opportunity to win a £1,500 Santander Scholarship. 30 of these students/graduates will be randomly selected using an online random winner selection platform.
Students and recent graduates will receive a digital certificate upon completion of the 8-hours content and quizzes to celebrate their participation in the programme (T&Cs apply).
Term of scholarship: From 30/03/2021 to 09/05/2021 Finance Unlocked online course
What does the scholarship include? Courses
Number of scholarships offered: 3000
Additional Information:Terms and conditions for the programme
1. The programme is open to all Black and Black Mixed undergraduate students studying at a UK university
2. The programme is open to all Black and Black Mixed recent graduates from a UK university (this specifically refers to individuals who graduated in the 2019/2020 academic year)
3. All students wishing to participate in the programme must apply via the Santander Scholarship Platform (https://www.becas-santander.com/en)
4. The names and email addresses of the 3,000 randomly selected students to complete the Finance Unlocked online course will be shared with Santander Universities UK and Finance Unlocked. Students will provide their consent to sharing these details during the application process via the Santander Scholarship Platform.
5. It is the students’ responsibility to ensure they read and understand the eligibility criteria and submit their application appropriately, on time and following the application instructions / requirements as indicated in the Santander Scholarship Platform.
6. Students must confirm their commitment to taking part in the programme via the Santander Scholarship Platform upon receiving the email indicating they have been one of the 3,000 successful applicants to the Santander Universities Black Inclusion Programme. Confirmation must be provided by 19/03/2021 through the Santander Universities Scholarship Platform.
7. Santander Universities will send an email to each of the 3,000 students that will take part in the online programme providing them with a link to the online content (Finance Unlocked platform). In the case the student does not register on the platform in the first 10 days of the programme, Santander Universities will share the name and email address of the relevant student with Finance Unlocked.
8. Students with an average score (across all online quizzes – Note: quizzes can be taken multiple times, but only the first score will count towards the average score) of 80% or more will have the opportunity to win a £1,500 Santander Scholarship. 30 of these students will be randomly selected using an online random winner selection platform
9. The final 30 successful students receiving the £1,500 Santander Scholarship will be requested to provide their bank account details to Santander Universities UK – this will be required to receive the Santander Scholarship.
10. All participants that opt in to receiving Santander Emerging Talent opportunities during the application process on the Santander Scholarship Platform, will be kept informed of any potential opportunities within the Bank.
11. Students will be provided with a social media pack to communicate via their social media channels how the programme is supporting them in their development journey
1. Santander Universities UK (a division of Santander UK) reserves the right to withdraw any entry to the programme that is found to be in breach of any of the pre-established conditions and / or rules laid out in this document.
2. Santander UK reserves the right to update or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time.
3. The initiative and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
1. Participating students must self-identify as one of the following ethnic identities: Black or Black Mixed
2. Participating students must confirm their ethnicity during the application process
3. Participating students must be one of the following:
a. Completing an undergraduate degree during the 2020/2021 academic year at a UK university, or
b. A recent graduate at a UK university, specifically having graduated in the 2019/2020 academic year
4. Participating students must confirm their year of study during the application process
5. Participating students must also select their year of study from a drop-down list provided during the application process
6. Students must apply for the programme via the Santander Scholarship Platform any time from 10/01/2021 to 05/03/2021. Any late submissions will not be considered. No responsibility can be accepted for applications which are not completed, or for applications which are lost, mislaid or illegible.
To apply for this job please visit www.becas-santander.com.